R850 per unit
The name Bushmanspad Estate, relates to the time when the Bushmen came over the mountains to do trading in the valley. The old trail and the kloof in the rocks above the waterdam still show traces of those days. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Shiraz, Cabernet franc, Sauvignon Blanc, Mourvèrdre and Malbec cultivars have been established high on the mountain slopes, taking full advantage of the ideal climate of the Breederiver Valley.
We have five luxury (4-star) self catering cottages, set high in the Langeberg mountains, yet easily accessible by car and offering spectacular views of up to 100 kms to the sand dunes between Witsand and Agulhas. Come and enjoy our wines, either by staying in one of our cottages or by visiting our 200 year old wine tasting room and cellar for a romantic winetasting (by prior arrangement).
Each cottage has a fully equipped kitchen with oven, stove, toaster, microwave, fridge and kettle (all utensils, crockery and cutlery provided).
The seating area has a fireplace (we provide the wood,) a sleeper couch for two extra people and television with full DSTV entertainment.
The bedroom has a queen size bed with build in cupboard, heater for the winter and an extra set of bedding (all other bedding is provided).
The bathroom has a shower, towels and basic toilet supplies.
Outside patio with a table and three chairs and a outside braai (barbeque) facility. Under cover, on site parking is available next to each unit.
- Wheelchair friendly
- Indoor Fireplace
- Satellite TV
- Credit Card Facilities
- Pets Allowed
Things to do
- 32 cellars in the Robertson Valley for tours and tasting
- Lunch cruise with wine tasting on the Breede River
- Perfect fishing spots alongside the Breede River
- Awesome 4x4 routes from the exciting to the daring
- Stunning hiking trail from Montagu to Swellendam
- Horse and camel rides in Sakisa Safari Park in Ashton
- Robertson with its "Birds of Paradise“ collection
- Famous cactus garden & newly opened maze
- Historical Swellendam with its museum and Bontebok Park
- Montagu with its lovely restaurants and famous hot springs