R675 per unit
Vogelgezang Fishing Cabin is a magnificently isolated, rustic cabin nestled in the dunes overlooking the pristine De Mond Nature Reserve coastline. It is surrounded by 600 hectares of unoccupied fynbos and milkwood thickets offering fantastic walks and mountain bike rides for nature enthusiasts. A one kilometer walk through the dunes, will take you to a long isolated stretch of beach that boasts some of the best surf fishing in the Western Cape.
De Mond Nature Reserve, which was proclaimed in 1986, is situated roughly mid way between Arniston and Struisbaai at the mouth of the Heuningnes River. The area is frequented by nature lovers and fishermen alike.
The Fishing Cabin is situated on a private farm, Vogelgezang (Bird-song) next to de Mond Nature Reserve. The farm is 29km from Bredasdorp between Arniston and Cape Agulhas (Southernmost tip of Africa) and only two hours drive from Cape Town.
de Mond, the mouth of the Heunings River, is a very well recognised salt-water fly and bait fishing estuary.
* The cabin accommodates four people comfortably and –
* Can take up to seven.
* There are seven single beds and mattresses.
* Crockery and cutlery are provided.
* There is a gas bar fridge,
* 2 plate cooker,
* Paraffin lamps.
* There is no electricity.
* There is a built-in braai.
* Toilet and shower (solar bags for hot water).
* You need 4×4 access for the last 100 meters.
* Bring your own bedding, blitz, food, cleaning and ablution materials.
We regret no pets allowed.
- Gas fridge
- Paraffin lamps
Things to do
- Bird watching
- Whale watching